Have you been waiting for an amazing senior level Graphic Designer contract role, with an integrated brand and advertising agency, located in central Auckland?
This role of Senior Designer is an integral member of the team, with high capacity and solid brand experience. In this role you will be instrumental in creating compelling and original work.
This 10-month contract is for a switched on, highly motivated and a skilled conceptual thinker, passionate about doing your best work within a multidisciplinary team. You are comfortable working across multiple projects at once, leading and lifting the quality of the work from brief through to production.
Your role as Senior Designer will be to lead people and projects, delivering work on time and to the highest standard. You are motivated to explore new ideas and seek out the best possible outcomes.
Well versed in your creative approach, you are also adaptive where necessary. Able to partner closely with the wider team to clearly define key considerations within a brief. You have a grounding in strategic thinking and storytelling. You can confidently shape strategic insights into compelling ideas, with a clear understanding of client aspirations and wider creative disciplines. You are confident articulating ideas and thinking to clients, both verbally and in written form.
Collaborative in nature, you give and receive creative direction well — are able to effectively critique and guide the work of junior members on the team. You are experienced in shaping work across multiple disciplines, demonstrating understanding of the key considerations required for each output. You can successfully brief, lead and art direct collaborators and work well both independently and as part of a group, seeking assistance from the Design Director and Creative Director when needed.
A minimum of 6+ years’ design experience with a growing ability to develop innovative creative work across a broad range of media. A degree in Design and/or Visual Communication or a related field is preferred.
· Must have a strong working knowledge of graphic design, branding, photography, and art direction as it pertains to print, packaging, digital, and motion
· You are an ideas-driven problem solver with a meticulous eye for detail
· You are a strategic thinking designer that collaborates well with a team
· You have an intelligent approach to concept generation
· Able to lead projects from brief to final delivery
· Strong in typography, craft, and art direction
· Experienced in pitching and presenting ideas to clients and working across multiple jobs
· Strong communicator, able to articulate ideas in a clear manner, engage in healthy debates, and accept directional feedback
· You assist the Head of Design to help drive the creative approach and quality of designers in their project teams
· You are naturally curious and passionate about design — with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends
· Excellent skills with design software, primarily the Adobe Creative Suite
· Additional skills in animation and/or digital are a plus.
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, where you can showcase your design and leadership ability – we would love to hear from you.
Send your CV and work to Hana Chadwick at The Creative Store, email [email protected], or call The Creative Store on (09) 365 1077 for more details.
Visit The Creative Store website www.thecreativestore.co.nz to view all our jobs online.
About The Creative Store
The Creative Store is your specialist recruitment agency. For all your Freelance, Contract and Permanent roles - working across the Advertising, Digital, Design, Marketing, Media industries. Great Jobs. Great People.