- Diverse and dynamic iconic arts organisation
- Lead, design and deliver
- Christchurch location
The Court is your theatre. Come and be part of the team.
About the role:
· Lead, manage and coach the Marketing and Communications team to deliver a proactive strategic communications and marketing plan.
· Grow the awareness for The Court in new markets.
· Lead, design and implement processes, channels and initiatives that will positively manage the profile and reputation of The Court with all its stakeholders (internal and external).
· Develop strategies to maintain and improve the company’s position in the marketplace, regionally and nationally, and monitor the performance of productions, events and the season.
· Manage the company’s advertising and promotion activities.
What you will need:
· At least five years’ experience in diverse communications roles with evidence of success through a variety of media.
· Evidence of having built and/or significantly enhanced a brand.
· A collaborative, proactive and engaging style, with demonstrated ability to influence with credibility.
· A competent, compelling and quick writer and storyteller, able to tailor for multiple and different audiences.
· A can-do and flexible attitude – grab opportunities and run.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, as well as evidence of ongoing learning.
· Contribute to an iconic non-profit organisation.
· Join a team of high skilled people who are resilient and flexible learners.
· An organisation with a promising looking future, and a new home under development in the city.
About the Organisation:
The Court has been a place of gathering for Cantabrians and visitors to the region of almost 50 years. Through its productions and programmes it celebrates and questions our very existence – its audience has wept, shuddered, smiled and laughed. The Court itself, however, is more than just a stage. It brings friends and family together to celebrate the best of the humanities. It is a Christchurch story – it is part of the city’s DNA. It is a leader, an innovator and a survivor.
Inside the walls of “The Shed”, the Court’s current home, is a diverse and dynamic company of 60 permanent staff plus hundreds of artists and artisans who produce 19 productions each year, with over 150,000 ticket buyers entering The Court each year to feast on the varied offering of theatrical works, all created and produced on-site.
Candidates can apply, in strict confidence, online at www.sheffield.co.nz
To apply by email, please attach your cover letter and CV and send to [email protected] quoting 7532sp.
Applications close on 29 April 2021. Emails will be electronically acknowledged, and further correspondence may be by email.
To view the Candidate Briefing document including a Position Description please visit www.sheffield.co.nz.
For more information please phone Andrea Bankier on +64 (0) 27 4478 102.