Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Limited have been a part of New Zealand’s home improvement culture since 1974. An award-winning success story, we delight our customers with our home improvement, garden and trade offer.
We are seeking a strong people leader and seasoned marketer to step into the role of Group Manager – Retail Marketing on a 10 month fixed term basis as parental leave cover at our Albany based Support Centre.
This is a critical role in our marketing leadership team and is primarily responsible for the strategic direction and budget management of the annual national and Auckland retail marketing programmes, to ensure both programmes support the delivery of our annual retail sales targets whilst maintaining optimal profitability and ROI and ensuring market share and key customer brand metrics are met or exceeded.
Key objectives include of delivery of truly differentiated campaigns, programs and partnerships into market that drive Mitre 10’s key customer segments through the purchase funnel. The management and execution of the national and Auckland plans, the delivery and optimisation of the Mitre 10 Club program, the close management of the Retail Marketing team and the delivery of continual strategic direction and insights across paid and owned media channel. As a member of the senior leadership team, the Group Manager – Retail Marketing will also be instrumental in providing guidance and directions to the broader Customer Solutions, Customer Experience and wider Marketing teams and stores, ensuring the delivery of creative, media and marketing excellence and achieving the objectives outlined within the annual marketing priorities as defined by the Chief of Customer Marketing & Inspiration.
Key abilities, skills and experience needed to thrive in this role:
- Proven senior marketing (10+ years) including at least 5 years managerial experience leading a team of 5+, ideally within the retail sector
- Comfortable with the development, delivery and on-going measurement and optimisation of marketing strategies/plans
- A track record of delivering highly creative and effective campaigns into market across paid, owned and earned channels
- Highly collaborative and effective at building stakeholder relationships across the wider Support Centre, our stores and external agencies
- Comfortable managing large sized marketing budgets and solid analytical skills
- A track record of driving results through effective planning and organisation, problem solving and initiative
- Tertiary qualification ideally e.g. marketing
- Solid computer skills including MS Office suite including Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
Sounds like your next career move? Apply via our career site with an updated CV, cover letter and indication of salary expectation.
Attention Recruitment Agencies: Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Limited has a direct sourcing model and at this point in time we will not require any recruitment agency support for this role.
About Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Limited
Mitre 10 (New Zealand) Limited have been a part of New Zealand's home improvement culture since 1974. An award-winning success story, we delight our customers with our home improvement, garden and trade offer.
Parental leave cover role that is perfect for a strong people leader and a seasoned marketer with 10+ years experience, preferably gained in retail.