You’ll relish the opportunity to be a part of this successful Marketing Department with a complete in-house studio, producing leading edge artwork!
Farmers is a New Zealand Retail Icon, firmly established and entrenched in our shopping culture for over 100 years. Farmers has continued to evolve to now be the destination fashion store of choice for New Zealanders.
We are looking for an experienced retail Mac Op/Finished Artist to compliment the mixture of talent required within our team. This is a permanent role based at our East Tamaki Support Office in a dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment with an onsite barista, free parking and staff product discounts. You will be working in a fully mac based studio.
We are looking for an individual with exceptional attention to detail with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role, someone who is fast, versatile and technically excellent. You will be completely comfortable working autonomously and managing your work, be able to stay true to design concepts and work well under direction while ensuring alignment with our marketing strategy, brand proposition and design principles are met.
This varied role will be responsible for a number of key activities, including:
- Produce very high quality work, namely; Farmers Catalogues, Press Ads and POSDM experience advantageous
- Output and dispatch of files to printer or supplier specifications
- Maintaining brand guidelines across all channels
- Reacting quickly to ad hoc and last minute requests
- Work collaboratively with studio team and brand managers
- Multitask – Manage multiple projects, plan, organise and prioritise tasks and time to meet tight deadlines
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key areas of the business
- Delivering excellent internal customer service
- Complying with relevant legislation and company policy
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Sound prepress / technical knowledge, up to date with the latest thinking in print and design
- Ability to take both initiative and direction, as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Agency or magazine publishing experience is a plus
- Good typography skills, strong design eye
- Proactive problem-solving abilities would be preferred and should be willing to work on a variety of projects
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to plan, organise and prioritise tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop is mandatory, excellent pre press / technical knowledge is essential!
If you have at least 5 years’ experience in a Mac Op / Finished Art role within a related industry, agency or publishing and hold a relevant tertiary qualification – we would love to hear from you!