If you’d relish the opportunity to be a part of our award winning Marketing Department with a complete in-house studio, producing leading edge artwork, then we have the perfect role for you!
Farmers is a New Zealand Retail Icon, firmly established and entrenched in our shopping culture for over 100 years. Farmers has continued to evolve to now be the destination fashion store of choice for New Zealanders.
Based at our East Tamaki Support Office, we are looking for a retail Graphic Designer to complement the mixture of talent required within our team. In this dynamic, challenging and fast paced environment, you will be working in a fully Mac based studio along with an outstanding purpose built photography studio.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Produce very high quality work across retail marketing projects, namely; Farmers Catalogues, Press Ads and POS
- Design, maintaining marketing strategy and brand guidelines across all channels
- Work collaboratively with studio team, brand managers and merchandise
- Manage multiple projects, plan, organise and prioritise tasks and time to meet tight deadlines
- Output and dispatch of files to printers or supplier specifications
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with key areas of the business
- Deliver excellent internal customer service using your excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comply with relevant legislation and company policy
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least 1 years’ experience in Graphic Design in a similar role
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- Prepress knowledge would be advantageous
- Strong retail design skills
- Technical finished art knowledge and an exceptional eye for detail
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A self-starter and problem solver with lots of initiative
- An enthusiastic and confident designer who can fit in seamlessly with our passionate in-house studio design, photography and wider marketing teams
- Highly organised and diligent with a capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously
What’s in it for you?
Apart from a competitive salary, discounted health insurance, free staff parking and an onsite barista, we also offer generous staff discounts across the James Pascoe Group as well as career development and growth.
So if you have at least 1 years’ experience in Graphic Design in a related design based industry, agency or publishing and hold a relevant tertiary qualification – we would love to hear from you!
Entitlement to work in New Zealand
In accordance with the Immigration Act 2009, you will be asked to provide evidence of your entitlement to work in New Zealand during the selection process. If invited to interview, you will be required to bring original documentation with you. Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions on our Contact Us page for more information.